Welcome to SRP Training, one of the leading providers of NVQ Level 6 courses in the UK & Middle East. With a team of expert tutors and all the resources you could ask for, you will be able to gain the qualification you need at a time and place that is suitable for you. The Level 6 NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is one of the most popular courses that we offer, and we have helped a wide range of delegates to complete their training successfully.
The NVQ Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is designed for those who provide health and safety assistance in organisations with significant hazards and complex risks, specifically at practising health and safety advisors with responsibility for influencing policy, or those aspiring to become safety consultants.
The NVQ Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice provides Graduate membership upon application and following this access to IPD for Chartered membership. You will need to maintain your CPD with IOSH whilst studying this course and we advise you to join IOSH as a member at the point of enrollment. GradIOSH is subject to IOSH acceptance.
The Level 6 NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety Practice qualification consists of:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Implementing and developing effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Identifying, assessing and controlling health and safety risks
- Implementing and developing reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing health and safety review systems
- Implementing and developing the health and safety policy
- Maintaining and developing individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Developing and implementing proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Implementing and developing health and safety emergency response systems and procedure.
- Maintaining knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety procedure
About NVQ Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
The qualification is perfect for those who are in work and are seeking out for acknowledgment of their previous skills and experience in their chosen industry. Learners can develop on their skills and understanding of the trade when achieving this qualification. Throughout the NVQ, students will be able to provide evidence of their industrial practices and experience in the workplace. The qualification will give learners a foundation to advance and progress within the industry.
The essential goal of all NVQ Level 6 courses is to affirm the learner’s occupational competence within their chosen industry. Accomplishing this work-related, competence-based qualification will reassure to potential employers that learners have the skills, understanding and knowledge that is required to meet the national standard to carry out the role.
The qualification is assessed through a portfolio that consists of evidence that learners have completed tasks at work, evidence such as; observations, professional discussions, witness testimony, supporting documents and photographs . The assessor can work nearby the learner to confirm that they have met the guidelines of the qualification and they are competent in their job role.
The learner will be observed and assessed by the assessor as they carry out their day to day tasks. Learners are required to display that they can carry out trade activities competently and to the industry standard which they can comply with current legislation and company procedures. The assessment procedure will guarantee that the learner can successfully complete tasks that they have been allocate as well as being able to understand instructions and direction. They will demonstrate that they can select correct supplies for the assignment and display that they can complete assignments inside the given timescales and specifications.
- Complete an NVQ Level 6 to be eligible for a Chartered IOSH Membership
- Instantly qualify and become internationally recognised with OHS qualification
- Assure potential employers of your competence in your industry
Who is this qualification for?
The Level 6 NVQ in Occupational Health & Safety Practice qualification is appropriate for:
- Employed individuals who wish to improve their career prospects
- Individuals who aim to start their own business
- Students with a part time job that allows them to gain the necessary skills in the work environment
- Full time or Part time study
Learners are not required to have any specific skills, understanding or other qualifications before starting this NVQ. Those interested in Level 6 Occupational Health and Safety Practice courses should get in touch with our team today. Your questions will be answered, and you will be able to book a place as soon as it is convenient for you.